Photoshop For Beginners
The aim of this course is to give you a broad overview on what photoshop is capable of and how to use it correctly through practical class tasks each week. Although learning Adobe Photoshop from square one can seem daunting, this course gives you exact skills you need to get started with graphic design and photo imaging with no prior Photoshop knowledge required.
Classes will run for 3 hours each Thursday morning 10am - 1pm for 6 weeks.
***Students receive a bonus 4 x skype “life-line” support calls from the tutor post course completion. ***
WEEK 1: CREATING & SAVING FILES,
Thursday 30th April, 10am - 1pm
• Introduction to the photoshop interface & understanding pixels & resolution.
• Open and saving a .psd, .tif, .jpg and understanding file format’s.
• Using the various tools in the tool bar and what they do.
Class task – Recreate and save 3 files based on the brief in order understanding the basic fundamentals of photoshop.
WEEK 2: TYPOGRAPHY & COLOUR,
Friday 8th May, 10am - 1pm
• Type – what is good vs bad design. Sourcing fonts and how to install them.
Understanding colour and the swatches palette.
• Understanding how layers and groups work. Selecting objects.
• Class task – Design your own letterhead, business card or flyer.
WEEK 3: MASTERING THE PEN TOOL,
Thursday 14th May, 10am - 1pm
• Ways to cut
out images from their backgrounds.
• How to use the shape tools
• Understanding the pen tool and anchor points.
Class task – Practice the pen tool by recreate a company logo or your own company logo.
WEEK 4: IMAGES & RETOUCHING
Thursday 21st May, 10am - 1pm
• Opening and placing images in photoshop.
- cleaning an image, perfecting the light and correcting colour.
• Cropping / resizing images and understanding smart objects.
Class task – Retouch 2 images: 1x model shot, 1x product shot. Students can bring in their own images.
WEEK 5: MASKING, OPACITY &
Thursday 28th May, 10am - 1pm
masks vs vector masks.
• Using blending modes and what they do.
• Understanding pixels and resolution
Class task – Students are asked to bring in 9 personal images to plan out their weekly instagram images in a layout.
WEEK 6: PERSONAL PROJECT,
Thursday 4th June, 10am - 1pm
• Plan 3 projects, 1 for each month for the next 3 months
if you can design it yourself or ask a professional.
• How to write a creative brief for yourself or another designer.
Class task – Start your first project of your choice. Work in class with the teacher, ask questions and get guidance.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring the following to class each lesson:
· Laptop with photoshop installed*
· Mouse or tablet
· Laptop charger and power adapter
· USB stick with at least 4BG space
· A new notebook which will become your photoshop work book
· Pens for note taking
· Your current design material used in your business or examples of design you like.
· Snacks for break time. Coffee, tea and water will be provided.
*If you do not have photoshop you can download a free 30-day trial from the adobe website on the link below. please ensure your computer’s operating system supports the latest verison of photoshop and have this installed prior to class.
Cancellation with refund must be made no less than 7 days of the start date of the course. A cancellation fee of S$100 is applicable to any cancellation of a confirmed booking less than 7days of the start date.
- The event description was updated. Diff#88220 2015-04-27 08:02:14